Hi.. any SAHM? wondering how u all can cope financially? Hope u all can answer my qns. 1) How much is the whole family expenses like each mth? 2) How much does ur spouse earns? 3) Got give u pocket money since u not working? 4) Do u still give ur parents allowance? thank u.

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've been a SAHM to a family of 3 for almost 3y now, after the birth of my lo. 1) Average grocery expenditure $500 ($300-$600). Flat rental $1100. Utilities (SP, cable, Internet, phone) $200. Hubby's motorcycle $300. Total $2k. I dunno how much is his insurance though. LO is fully breastfed and cloth diapered in the day (nighttime - disposable) since 2 days old. Overseas travel is mainly regional and 1-2 times a year. 2) $5k 3) $250, which is the same as before when I was working. 4) Stopped giving my parents monthly allowance after I stopped working. I do give during festive occasions. He still gives $250. We don't have a joint bank account, only our own. I do most of the grocery shopping so payment is by me. The Internet, my hp and my grandma's hp is still GIRO deducted from my account. I'm relying on my past savings. The rest of the expenses are borne by him. He pays for most of the meals out. My parents and us will take turns treating each other to a meal over the weekend or I might cook. His parents will cook for us and the other siblings when we get together every weekend. We're also waiting for our flat so once that comes, mortgage will be paid fully by CPF. Then we can have more cash savings.

Read more