Any SAHM faces same situation as me: hubby works long hours , no other help from in laws or own parent.. And I takes care of my two children on my own (2years old and 9 months old). Whenever I have fallen sick , I find it hard to bring two kids along with me to see a doc .. I also try not to bring them to clinic with me in case there are germs around . How do u handle if u were in my situation? I'm really one man show most of the time :(

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am in an exact same situation as you! I take care of my 2 kids (3 year old and 7 year old) alone !When I am ill, I have to drag them alone to the doctor too! To avoid this, I normally have quite a few medicines at home like flu, cough, fever and sore throat. Also to keep myself healthy. Only once last year when I am down with dengue, I had to SOS for help! Most important for us SAHM to stay healthy, rest well (which is quite impossible) and eat healthy! So we don't have to drag our kiddos to doctor with us ! And will be handy to keep some medicine at home too.

Read more

For me and my hubby always helps each other..Before having babies we have promised each other..I take care of my kids singlehandedly..But wen meeting a doc i still have to bring them as i got mo otber choice only that after each visit to the doc i went back and bath the kids.My hubby works 8 to 5pm.After work he needs to stayback for paperworks then when reach home he needs to go for training too.He always helps me at night even when he is tired sometimes i dont hav the heart to ask him so i will do it myself as i know he is very tired.

Read more

It is always important that you keep yourself fit and healthy. Prioritize your housework as overdoing it can really drain you. Standby some medications at home as you can get them easily from the pharmacies. Some GP clinics allow you to get medications off their counter without any consultation but they must at least have your records. Keep yourself hydrated, get enough rest, do simple exercises at home and take your Vitamin Cs! Remember to relax and never push yourself too much. If we can do it, so can you. Cheers!

Read more

mummy dun worry, i'm with u. I got no help at all too. my gal is 10 mths old now. my in law dun help as we dun stay tgt. i'm at my parents house and dad will help mi for tat 10 mins when he's home. just like playing with her while letting mi eat and go toilet. when i'm sick i will try to ask hub if he can take half day but if can't, i really got no choice and hang on there. try to get some non drowsy med and standby at home 1st. hope u gws..

Read more

You can try to find a nanny or a Neighbour around your house who can help you look after your kids for a short while? I can understand how you feel as I'm also a SAHM without additional help. Try to look for groups of ur neighbourhood in Fb or forums so Toh can join and seek help when emergency.

ask yr close frens or relatives to help. or if ye neighbour is helpful enough, i believe 1 or 2 hours they can manage. dont be too hard on yourself :)

ask hubby to take half day leave or ask yr close friend's help.they will definately help you,dear.

Theres alot of part time nanny on a few day basis per week. You may search on facebook.