My girl is 14 months old. The IFC teacher has feedback to me that my girl tends to be very reserved. Whenever teachers from other class or even the principal carry her, she would cry. The IFC teacher also commented to me that my girl would sometimes cry whenever other kids in her class touch her or snatch toys from her. It doesn't help that the IFC teacher would compare my girl to other kids, telling me how these kids are very sociable and friendly cos their parents brought them out to playdates often. This kinda sadden me. The IFC teacher suggested that I bring my girl to play dates and playgrounds more often. Maybe it's really my fault for not bringing my girl out to these places. I'm a working mum, but I'll try to bring my girl out on Saturdays while Sundays are stay home day cos I need to do housework. My husband is working from 10.30am to 5.30pm on weekends. So I'm the one spending the most time with her during weekends when I'm not working. I don't really have any close friends with children who are around my girl's age for any playdates. Any suggestion on activities that I can plan for my girl to bring out her personality like what the IFC teacher mentioned? Thank you for your kind suggestions!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, it’s very important for kids to have socialization - so Glad that the teacher has pointed out to you early enough for you to do something about it. For us we signed our daughter for weekend gym classes, Chinese classes and bring her to indoor playground. I also make it a point to do atleast 1 play date every weekend with parents from school or from my own friend circle.

Read more
6y ago

Thank you for sharing! I'll try to bring her out to indoor playground more often. Care to share which gym classes you signed up for?