Is it safe to color hair while pregnant?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

For me its not safe. Delikado yan kay baby, may side effect din thou according sa study safe kaya lang nakakatakot pa din. Tulad sa sinasabi ng mga matatanda bawal magpagupit ang buntis, hindi naman talaga bawal magpagupit ang buntis kundi dahil makakaamoy ka ng mga chemicals na ginagamit sa mga salon o parlor. Same thing sa pagpapakulay ng buhok.

Magbasa pa

If you can't avoid it, try doing it after the first trimester since brain devt has already been established. But if you can wait until after giving birth (or after weaning your baby from breastfeeding), please do. Research is not conclusive yet.

VIP Member

I personally suggest not to. While there are organic hail colors available that claim to be pregnant-friendly, it is always better to be on the safe side. You wouldnt know if you (or your baby) will have some reactions.

By now technology must have come up with safe, natural dyes --- try asking your salon! https://ph.theasianparent.com/pregnancy-questions-can-i-colour-my-hair/

Some salons offer organic, pregnant women-safe hair colors. In fact, I believe Judy Ann Santos had her hair colored while she was pregnant last year.

I agree with Janine. Maybe you could hold off the hair color for now and just wait 'til your baby's out just to be sure. Just my two cents. :)

Nope. The chemical odor from the hair color is bad for pregnant moms and for the babies as well.

As far as I know, it is best not to - just to be safe :)