Toys & Skill

Hello everyone. Please recommend some toys for 4-5 year old kid for learning & skill development

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I'll like to recommend outdoor play and just ... basically anything you can find around the house that's not dangerous? Kids don't really need toys to be entertained or to develop, that's why there are people to DIY their own or just let their creativity run wild :) I'd think that this age is the best time to expose them to many different experiences from nature, animals, environment, social issues/impact and anything they're curious about - learning first hand is better than reading from a book!

Read more
VIP Member

Jigsaw puzzles, Construction Toys, Montessori Play (e.g. Zipping, Threading Shoe Laces, Buttoning), Art & Craft Kits (e.g. cutting, painting) are some activities and toys that help in skills development

Magna tiles are great, and considered a STEM toy. Develops fine motor skills as well. My kid loves it -- you can get them from Amazon.

Leapfrog / Fisher Price / V-Tech because they have incorporated learning elements into their toys by age group.

Hi. You may find this article useful -https://sg.theasianparent.com/toys_that_promote_creativity

Get some Construction Engineering toys, Drawing mat or some match it games for your kids

Fisher-Price also has a good range of Learn-and-play toys and puzzles

VIP Member

Little Tikes has a variety of toys. Check it out online or in store