Don’t Rubb Tummy in Circulation Motion

Hi, Recently i have friends told me to stop rubbing tummy in circular motion ... as this will cause the baby to strangle against the umbilical cord. Isit true? I’m currently 20 weeks pregnant

56 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

In Dr Wong boi boh’s class, she mentioned about inducing contractions if u keep rubbing ur belly in circular motion so do not do that. Even if u need to apply cream, it should up from bottom to up direction, and not circular motion.

A momshie told me to just rub straight from downward to upward and vice versa. Never in circular motion as it can affect the baby. Haven't read yet the scientific basis about this but I just did follow. There's nothing to lose though😁

Yes, don't rub in circular motion as it could induce contractions. . Just place your palm on your tummy and swipe up gentle just like how u apply your body cream if you need to touch and sayang your baby 🥰

No offense to your friends, but it doesn’t make any sense. This is not true. If rubbing your tummy in circular motion makes u comfortable, it’s fine. :)

Yes this is true. My sister in law rubs her tummy in circular motion frequently, her baby almost strangle herself. Good thing the baby’s fine, now she’s 9months old and healthy.

Went for Wong Boi Boh’s class n she said can’t run in circular motions. Forgot the actual reason but it has sth to do with it causing your belly tightening!

I always rub my tummy! Baby came out perfectly fine. Just follow your motherly instincts, don't let other people's words affect you! Jia you

I'm on my 6th baby and iv been rubbing in circle motions with all my babies, rubbing cream on my tummy so I dont itchy it every day

Super Mum

I don't think this is true. But if you are scared then better stop. This is my first time hearing this... N I always rub my tummy when I was pregnant.

Rubbing in circular motion will cause "rippling" of thr amniotic water. I was told to stroke from up to down instead.