Just Feel Emotionally Drained

Here to rant out... One day, my mum happened to give my little girl who was only less than 2 months at the time gula melaka. She put a drop into her mouth. On another occasion, when my baby was crying at a buffet, she said give the baby ice cream. I was mad after that. I mentioned it to her and her defense is always "It is only a tiny bit". My partner told me not to argue or to tell her nicely, but knowing my mum no matter how nicely I told her, she always make it seems like I am blaming her. She told me she wanted to look after my daughter on Saturdays while she is free and I am at work. Then I just let out my anger, I couldn't stand my mother on the incident of the syrup that I told her I was questioning my trust mainly because of that incident. Then she decides to play the victim and said she did all the things for me, supported me when I wanted to be a single mum, help clean up after me and all and this is the thanks she gets. Let also explain that to be honest she never supported me being a single mum, she never supported that partner is Punjabi (she is racist), and that I wanted to put Kaur in my daughter's name. So much so, she and my father said I was being stubborn and I was being influenced by him. All the decisions I made, I made for my daughter and made lovingly with my partner. My partner didn't conflict and even reduce himself down to taking out his surname and Kaur from her name and just call her by my surname only. Before I was pregnant and everything, I was suffering from depression and anxiety attacks mainly due to the problems at home. Back to current events, I ended up apologising for being harsh and my mother does not apologize for anything! My bro and dad both said my mum did not do anything wrong and it was done in the past. I honestly do not trust my mum with my daughter.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Talk to your mum give her fact sheet about why don't give the baby stuff like that.