7 Replies

See some people give brandy to the kids in winters. Because brandy's taaseer is hot, do not think of giving it to the baby if you are living in place with a moderate temperature. Plus, the quantity of how much brandy should be given is very important. If you mess up with the quantity, instead of getting better, baby can develop complication. I knew throughout about brandy but never gave it to my baby since I too heard of an unpleasant incident. I suggest, if you are not sure about it, do not give brandy. Cough and cold are common ailments and let the baby immune system fight it. It will also make baby's immune system strong. You can apply ghee on his chest at night. Give him soup and keep him hydrated. In a day or two the cold itself becomes fine. For cough you can make kadha of ginger, and honey.

No mom definitely not please. There are so many other home remedies you can try then why this? You can massage ur baby with warm mustard oil around the chest and throat area. It helps to clear out the congestion. You can also make her have lots of warm soups at home to help her stay hydrated as well as provide the required nutrition. Also, do speak to the doctor about a safe and effective medicine.

I do not suggest you to give brandy to your child if you yourself are giving it for the first time and do not have any know how about how much exactly should be given. It is a very potent medicine and a little here and there in the quantity can cause problem for your child. I suggest, show to the doctor if the cold and cough has become too bothersome for the baby and follow his advice.

mommy, why the need to give brandy when you can try so many other safer home remedies? i remember people used to add a drop of brandy in water when we were very young, and were fighting off the winters in delhi. but times have changed. at 8 months of age, it is best to speak to the doc and follow proper medical advice.

don't even think of.... my mom use to tell me tht she one gave to me whn I was few months .... n thy hv to get me admitted in the hospital as my condition gt critical. for cold if it lasts for more thn 3 days better visit doctor.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-22249)

thanks