We are bringing our baby to New Zealand at end of the year and she would be 9months. Any tips from parents on: 1) what to take note/ bring while traveling 2) any recommendation of activities as a family with the LO in NZ.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

South Island for those of you that are more into the outdoors. Hiking, camping etc. North Island for more touristy things like the maori experience, hotpools and beaches. If you are keen on South Island, Christ Church has a International Antarctic Centre. Has penguins and is a museum with various activities. I took my daughter there when she was small. When we're holidaying in NZ, we use bookabach.co.nz for accommodation (be aware you need to book in advance, you're often dealing with home owners, and ideal for 2+ nights). And for ideas of what to see, we use TripAdvisor. Also when ur flying back to singapore, stock up on stuff from NZ. Everything is cheaper for babies in NZ than Singapore! I'm in NZ now and stocking up on organic food pouches, formula, cotton clothes, bath products etc.

Read more
7y ago

hi, may I check with you on Diapers in NZ? should I buy from NZ supermarket or bring from Singapore. will be bringing a pair of 9 months old twins to NZ next month for a period of 2 weeks..not sure what the supermarket has for babies.

1. When I travel with my kids, I always have my "medicine box" handy for unforeseen circumstances. My box will have paracetamol, ibuprofen, syringe, thermometer, nasal aspirator, sterimar spray and probiotics. If you are going outdoor a lot, then please bring baby sunblock, mosquito repellent and a sunhat. 2. Which part of NZ will you be heading to? North or south island? Are you intending to drive?

Read more
8y ago

We are going in December to south nz. Christchurch , Queenstown etc. Have not plan the route and activities as we are thinking what would be suitable

If you are gng to queenstown - have lunch at Amisfield winery (try the 'Trust the Chef' option) and wander around Arrowtown. Drive over the Crown Range to Wanaka and spend the day, it's the most gorgeous town!

8y ago

Thank you! Sounds like an idea. We plan to drive and stay over at arrow town and drive around