perfume

is perfume harmful for 1m old baby? like isit okie for someone who wear perfume to hugs baby?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Parfum is toxic. Please if can avoid. Totally avoid. All these are chemical hundred of chemical imagine bb so young n keep inhaling these strong chemical into their body? But at time your fren who has Parfum try to carry no choice. Not nice to stop them. Example, got perfume says mountain scent, you go mountain you can't capture that scent n keep in a bag right? So how those ppl made those scent out? I've done research on this Parfum thingy before please trust me. Avoid.

Read more
VIP Member

If to carry your own baby, up to your own preference. If carry other people’s baby, I’d recommend not to. You’ll never know if they have allergy. My mil stubborn, spray perfume and carried my baby. End up my baby allergy reaction. Face red, then got pus coming out from the wound.

Wearing perfume around your baby is personal choice, but knowing the facts can help to inform your decision. If you can't give up the good smells, try using natural perfumes or essential oils, which can provide the same intoxicating scents without the toxic side effects.

VIP Member

Should be okay, but as a mum I would be nervous about the fragrance chemicals. A while should be ok

Super Mum

Won't say is harmful but best not to have if you are carrying baby for a long time.

VIP Member

as long it’s doesn’t brush on the part of the skins with perfume it’s ok

I don’t think it’s harmful if it’s only for short periods of time

Super Mum

I try to avoid using perfume if I have to carry the baby

VIP Member

Yes, it’s alright for perfume wearers to hug baby

VIP Member

I avoid perfumes as I carry my baby the most.