Constipation

My pd asked me to change from Nan HA to Nan as my baby's colic has improved. However my baby hasn't poo for 3 days, should I bring baby to see pd or change back to Nan HA? Thanks

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

How many months old is your baby? If below 6mo, would advise to call up PD to ask if it's necessary to bring bb to PD again (we don't want bb to catch viruses unnecessarily too) or if you should change FM to other brands. Think your PD's concern was not to rely on HA formula unless there are conditions that require it. Recently, there's this newly launched Kendamil FM, which is made from full cream milk, instead of the usual skimmed milk and vegetable oils (known for causing constipation). You may want to request for a Stage 2 sample to try if baby is above 6 months old.

Read more
VIP Member

Try to cycle your child's legs. If the condition does not improve, bring your child to see PD. Mine did not poop for at least a week.

VIP Member

Prob see back PD and see what he propose . Cos baby still Small so better get his medical professional advise

I too would consult my paedia before making any big changes. Just cos your little one is pretty small yet.

VIP Member

If Nan HA works for better for baby’s bowel movement, you can switch back to Nan HA and see how...

VIP Member

Please consult PD before you change baby’s milk.