What do I need to buy?

Hi parents! I intend to breastfeed my baby after birth. I didn't get the chance to do so with my other kids as my milk supply was really low even with Fenugreek. I also intend to bottle feed my bm just in case my nipples hurts/cracks. What do I really need to buy? The essential things for breastfeeding. I know breastpump is needed. What else? Also, what should I do to increase my bm? TIA for your advice & help ☺️

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

hi mummy, my suggestion to you is only to get a pump after your LC confirm you will have milk supply. meanwhile you can use haakaa first while waiting for your milk to kick in. just a little info fenugreek don't works on everyone, some mama had supply drop after consuming. you may want to eat milk booster food instead and avoid milk killer food. I'm a over supply mama I think it has somehow got to do with my diet during pregnancy too at 6 month pregnancy I leak colostrum quite a bit and easily leak after that. maybe during my pregnancy I had lots of fish and Milo. you might want to try eating salmon, oats, Milo, durians, threadfin fish. papaya milk, green papaya fish soup etc. if you have any questions feel free to DM me at my IG @mummyjlife hope it helps!

Read more
4y ago

Fenugreek actually made me have gastric problem so I was forced to stop to take. I hand pumped my milk but it was tiring and frustrating at the same time. I did use a manual breast pump but it was so painful, I had to stop and just latch my baby. And I have no idea what Haakaa is? My last pregnancy was 9 yrs ago and everything seems new to me. Thank you, Mummy J. Your advice is very helpful. I'm gonna drink that Milo for milk supply. Hopefully it works for me too. I'm not a fish person but for baby's sake, I'll have that too.