Infant Care

Hi parents, just wondering what are your thoughts of sending your baby to infant care? I’ve been thinking a lot, because I would miss my baby when I start work soon.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there, I totally understand your concern about sending your baby to infant care. It's natural to feel worried about missing your baby when you start work. As a parent who has been through this, I believe that infant care can be a great option for working parents. It provides a safe and nurturing environment for your baby while you are at work. It also offers opportunities for your baby to socialize and learn in a supportive setting. However, it's important to research and visit different infant care centers to find one that aligns with your parenting style and values. You can also talk to other parents who have experience with infant care to get their insights and recommendations. Ultimately, the decision should be based on what feels right for you and your baby. Good luck! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

I'm due to deliver my baby in Sep but doctor is bringing him to our family by late Aug. I'm currently a working mum, but thankfully with priviledges to WFH after my maternity leave ends since my boss is away from sg office for the next 1yr. However my mum still recommend me to put the baby at IFC just below my block on normal days so i get some "me" time during my working hours. I'm pretty open to it despite knowing they fall sick easily at that environment, but i'm willing to bring the baby back home anytime when the need arise. Afterall, i also believe that certain environment exposure also helps to build up their immune system.

Read more
3mo ago

True, i saw one parent with their child at the clinic collecting only 1 nasal spray after consultation at the GP and cost him $60+ 🫣 For me, i spend about $1.1k every year to cover myself and hubby under my own corporate insurance scheme, with the baby coming in Aug, i suppose i top up another $200-300 at most? But our plan covers cashless GP visits and reimburse us fully for polyclinics, so it was a good deal. Only thing is you need to run a registered company in singapore..

Sending baby to IFC helps a lot. If you are SAHM you can manage a lot of things like cooking, cleaning, laundry, me time and errands. If you are WM then you got to manage time between work, home and handling your baby. However, be prepared for your baby often falling sick due to low immunity in which this is completely normal. One way or another, for me baby in IFC also helps in social and emotional development of babies.

Read more

I send my baby to ifc since I'm working and don't wish to impose on my parents or in laws to take care,but he falls sick so frequently that I hired a helper to take care of him during the sick days. But I would still like for him to go ifc so that he learns social skills.

3mo ago

Nope,I hired a full time maid. Had considered hiring those ad hoc nannies,but the thing is tt they change everytime, and I don't feel secure leaving my baby to a total stranger. So end up hiring a maid. At least she would've experience with how my baby behaves and reacts. Now monitoring her first, see how she's like before I decide if I can leave her alone with the baby. On the plus side, I have someone to help with the chores and cooking while I play with baby

💕