Hi! Any parents taken an infant on an SQ flight before especially(other airlines also fine but just tht I'm taking SQ)? If yes, wna ask.. 1) If it's ok to bring milk powder on board the plane?Any limits? 2) I will be carrying/holding my baby in my arm during take off rite and not place him in the bassinet? 3) Do u just change diaper when they poo in the bassinet since toilet will b too small? 4) Bringing the baby stroller. Plan to bubble wrap it then check in. Any comments?ok or not etc..

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I was still breastfeeding when I brought my then-8 month old girl to Taiwan. I took Scoot and brought on board some porridge and bottles of ebm. They advised that I should only bring on board what my baby can finish during the flight but I didn't care and brought extra. At Taiwan immigration, I just had to say that's my baby's milk and food and they let me pass. It's good to check what's the rules at your destination country. I know Taiwan is a breastfeeding-friendly country so I figured there wouldn't be much issues bringing ebm in. I don't think you'll have much problem with milk powder though since it's not liquid. Scoot didn't have a bassinet so had to keep her belted up with the infant belt. Yes, I changed her diaper at the seat. I used pants type. It's easier to handle putting on and tearing off. Didn't bring any stroller so not sure on that.

Read more

1) no limit since u bringing baby. Should bring along your own hot water and normal temp water since the airline might not have boiled water. No limit if u bringing a baby. 2) yes, on ur lap during take off and landing. A infant seat belt will be provided. 3) My hubby managed to change my baby on the baby changing table in the toilet. Silkair flight. 4) I didn't bother to bubble wrap.. just check in at the gate. Too lazy :X

Read more
VIP Member

Yes you can bring milk powder.. But i heard certain country restrict us from bringing milk powder.. Yes baby mjst be hold and sit on lap with the belt during take off and landing. I Changed in the toilet. It will be enough to change in the toilet .. Its not nice changing at the bassinet . so toilet please . Yes baby stroller bubble wrap is fine.. If u want double confirm you can check with the airline.. Happy trip

Read more

I took Scoot Before. 1) yes can bring milk powder. hot water and cold water also no problem. as long you are carrying baby and the backpack as you walk thru the gantry 2) Cannot put in bassinet when take off. Not even in baby carrier. Not allowed. 3) never encounter before. I always hope and pray my baby poop before flight. :D 4) i use a cabin size stroller. i bring it on flight with me

Read more
VIP Member

1) Yes you can bring milk powder. No limit 2) Yes you have to hold him with an infant seat belt during take off,landing or whenever seatbelt sign is on. 3) hmm. my LO was able to stand. So i made him stand on the toilet seat (covered) and changed him. 4) It's good to bubble wrap. But when you land and want to use ur stroller, abit troublesome for u to unwrap it right?

Read more

Yes you can bring milk powder. How old is your baby? I usually just change where I'm seated unless it's very smelly.