Is infant air ticket free of charge? I'm bringing my 6-month old baby but when i checked the ticket price, she's being charged. Also, do i have to request for bassinet if i'm taking SQ? Is there additional charge for a bassinet? If there is no bassinet available, does it mean baby will be on my lap? Thanks!

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don't think infant tickets are FOC. It would usually be heavily discounted but definitely not FOC. Also, even if it is FOC, think the airport taxes and surcharges will still apply. As for the bassinets, yes you would need to request beforehand because there is a limited number of bassinets onboard. If there is no bassinet, your child will be given an infant seatbelt. Bassinets are not to be used during takeoff, landing and during turbulence anyways. Here's some useful FAQs from the SQ website. You should call their friendly hotline, they are always so helpful when I have any enquiries: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/us/travel-info/special-assistance/travelling-with-children/

Read more

I flew with my almost 2-year old the last time. And was charged $50 for budget airline and no seat. Just on my lap. You can try requesting anything for your child. It's a matter of whether they have it or not. I brought a bottle of formula milk into the scanning machine and i wasn't questioned by security. The important thing is get to your child to drink milk while taking off and landing. The air pressure can hurt his/her eardrum in the long run. And we won't know as they can't say anything but cry. Have fun travelling! ☺

Read more

Infant fare is about 10% of adult fare excluding taxes. Book your tickets early & indicate u need a bassinet for your LO and they will arrange accordingly, it also depends on your destination. But some LOs prefer to be carried on lap :) We took the morning flight & hv been blessed. Everything has been smooth, no wailing, no screaming etc throughout the flight, even during take off & landing. Let loose & let him enjoy the entertainment when they are curious onboard.

Read more

You will be charged a certain percentage. For normal airlines and under age 1 is normally 10% of the adult rate. Budget airlines are $50/way. Bassinet will need to be requested asap once you book the tickets to secure. And is subjected to availability. No additional charge. And yes, if no bassinet means baby will be on lap. Do note: Different airline have different weight restrictions for the bassinet, and you may not get a bassinet if your child exceeds it.

Read more
8y ago

Child below 2 yo is 10% of the commercial price for SQ.

Our baby is almost a year old and we decided to go on vacation, I thought for a long time where to buy tickets, in the end I found a company and there is a business class consolidator https://businessclassconsolidator.com/ and we took business class tickets so that we could fly comfortably with baby. Because it will be our first flight. I think everything will go smoothly.

Read more

Typically, below 2yo, the airfare is 20% of adult fare. Between 2 to 12yo, is 80% or full fare of adult fare. U have to put in a request for bassinet as it is limited. If no bassinet available, will have to sit on ur lap with an additional seat belt.

VIP Member

Infant below 2years old will be charged airport & fuel taxes but since they don't take up a seat, you do not need to pay for the airfare. Bassinet is FOC. So in all you only have to pay for the airport tax & fuel tax for your infant.

I was charged $50 on budget airline when I bring my girl 6months old (back then in june-16) to phuket. Its not foc (below2) they will be charged at a small percentage of the adult's ticket and no seat was given.

VIP Member

Need to pay taxes. About 10% of the price of a non discounted adult ticket. We paid $250 for baby ticket to Hk on Cathay

Yup you can request for bassinet. They usually will have it prepared beforehand for you. Yes it's not foc either.