Should induce or wait

Is it okay to induce at 39weeks or should I wait natural birth?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! I was induced at 40 weeks, waited for 18 hours but was only dilated to 3cm. Had the full dose of it. This resulted in a cesarean. What I didn’t know is that full dilation and a successful vaginal birth is only due to the body being ready for a spontaneous birth. My body was not ready even at 40 weeks. Now that I’m on my second pregnancy at 26weeks, I have done all my research and talked to so many mommies and doulas and it’s best to avoid any medical interventions (being induced, membrane sweep, balloon, breaking of water bag, etc) unless is required due to baby/mother’s health is in distress. It’s really up to you ultimately with what’s your birth plan and how you would like to start your motherhood around postpartum. I hope this helps ❤️ any birth is beautiful, as long as it’s your birth and not controlled by your health provider. All the best ☺️

Read more

I had induced labour when I was 37weeks as doctors say she's too small & scared she could have any complications . it's better to wait natural birth unless baby has some complications in the womb 😐 I gave birth to her 2 days after . induce labour doesn't really mean baby will come out fast . it also takes times 😂

Read more
3mo ago

Anyways my due date was 26/11/21 . I had to induce labour on 5/11/21 . My baby came out on 7/11/21 ☺️

do u have any medical condition? if not, don't induce, let baby naturally come out. my gynae ask me to induce at 39weeks, i told her i shall go for it if baby didn't come out nearer to 41weeks 🤭 cause all mine came out after EDD naturally. let baby bake more.. hehe!

it's personal I think, I wanted to wait for natural but it was quite stressful (esp with the latest NUH news) so I chose to induce at 39+4. but before I was given the induce medication I already having quite frequent contractions

Wait for natural. Unless u have some medical condition otherwise i think shld not induce? You may want to check with your gynae also

3mo ago

And then? U worried coz its apr fool?

i got induce at 39 weeks . my baby was healthy and had no complications but i still went with induction . its all up to u!

VIP Member

Probably can see what your gynae suggest? If either way is fine, why not let your baby choose his/her birth date😁