Hi, is it ok to start porridge for baby at 7 months plus?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes definitely ok. In fact I started my gal with porridge at 7mo. Try to make the porridge very watery for a start. One portion of rice to ten portions of water and then slowly decrease the water proportion. You can add in other ingredients to make the porridge nice too. I started giving my gal fish at the same time. Babies use gums to mash food so don't worry about it

Read more

I would say it depends on each individual. Some babies start early wheras others start later. Have you started puree or led weaning, if yes, then id say you can try. If baby has been exposed to eating for sometime, then go ahead. If you are just beginning it would be good to introduce puree for a start. :) happy feeding!

Read more
VIP Member

My boy started with porridge about 6month. We started off letting him eat about a one to two tablespoons of porridge. Then gradually increase his quantity. The texture depends on your lo whether he like it watery or more mashy. We let him wean first and slowly add other ingredients like carrot, potato, broccoli, meat...

Read more

I didn't feed those brown rice cereal as my little girl doesn't appreciate. I started on avocados, bananas than moved on to porridge with fish n veg. With no seasoning except for homemade ikan bilis powder to taste.

Yes. Definitely it's ok. You can try around when baby is around 6-7 months old :)

VIP Member

You can try! For a start, you can try with a softer texture for the baby to try.

Yes ok , my boy started eat porridge when he was 6 mths old

If your baby is ok with the texture it is ok

Yes, definitely!