milk supply drop crazily

Ok so my milk supply been dropping even i end my "return period" my milk supply wasnt very decent. Have to take supplements to kinda boost it even tho not much of a different too. Is it normal? how can i make it increase more?#pleasehelp #advicepls #1stimemom P.S i am exclusively pumping

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Happened to me about 2 weeks ago when I had my 1st period after 2 mths pp. Sudden dip and I was super worried bcos my baby is on mix feed but he likes to nurse more. I drank oats & quinoa which I bought at supermarket. Works so well for me! I also pump and frequently use Haakaa whenever my baby latches so the pump catches the letdown on the other breast. Still managed to build a milk stash for my baby.

Read more
3y ago

Thanks for sharing! i will try get some oats and quiona to see if it works for me

Increase number of pumps! About 6 per day. Then maybe once a day do power pumping. It will take a while, but your supply will slowly increase. Eat supplements. Oats, dates. Drink lots of water You can also try to massage your boobs before pumping. Take a warm towel and warm up your boobs

Read more
3y ago

You mean single pump? If you’re exclusively pumping, I will suggest to get a double pump, else it will be time consuming. I’m also an exclusively pumping mum and I used to use single pump avent as well. Then I bought spectra and it’s so much better. I can pump and work at the same time! If you’re afraid to invest, can try buying 2nd hand at carousell.

VIP Member

i usually eat overnight oats. maybe you can try making overnight oats soaked with kurma milk since one of the mummy said kurma milk helps! agree with pumping frequently too, but i use my haakaa when i got too lazy. 😂hydrate more and include more fish in your diet too!

Try drinking kurma milk (fresh farm) and also red bean soup. If possible try pumping for 30mins, every 3-4hours. Your volume should increase in 1 or 2 days.

3y ago

Thank you for the help! i try to pump consistently cuz my LO doesnt like to lie down on rocker much..and i only use one pump :/

VIP Member

increase pumps. do power pumping and drink lots of water sipping throughout the whole day instead gulping at one shot. eat up eat well

VIP Member

increase the number of pumps, keep yourself hydrated and drink milk boosting tea.

TapFluencer

direct latching and pumping after that can stimulate body to produce more milk

3y ago

i can't latch on my baby...so i exclusively pump

drink more, oats, fish and do power pump

try oats? and drink plenty of water

3y ago

yup drink alot of water. I'll prolly ask my hub to help get some oats for me! thank youuu