This is a rant

Ok so ive been staying at my new flat for abt a year now. My neighbour hasnt moved in yet so their house is still under reno for a freaking year already. Can you imagine every freaking day i hear hammers and drilling? Once the neighbour moves in, i swear im not going to be friendly to them. The misery they put me through. It's driving me nuts. My kids cant sleep, they'll cry when they hear the reno. It's a nightmare

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

as much as we hate noises and how it annoys the hell out, if they have the permit to do the reno there's nothing much can be done about it. it is also common to have a reno if its your new house, im pretty sure itd be the same for the neighbours if you do reno as well. as long as they don't do it pass the legal time and on weekends, they kinda have the right to do it. i had neighbours drilling and hammering, imagine coming back from night shift and you cannot sleep. i just moved to my parents place on weekdays, it was about 9 months .. thats a solution.

Read more

my neighbour too and next to my block there’s a huge construction site building BTO. so imagine the noise and dust. there’s really nothing we can do. as long as they got permit & not above their drilling hours. have to tolerate coz we live in HDB… just that it’s just our luck that we have no peace :(

Read more

Oh no… I think is inevitable since they have permit to renovate. I can’t imagine next time if I happen to move into my new house and this happens 😓

I know it sucks and had experienced it before with my baby. now, even in noisy places, my kid can sleep. this is part and parcel living in a HDB.

Maybe you can try write in to HDB or Town Council?

2y ago

Oh no… this is terrible. Write in to MP straight away so they can expedite the issue. It always works! Heheh. No harm trying. 🤞🏻☺️