how to train baby self -feed

Hey now my baby is 13 month old. And my wife and i had not train to my baby to self-feed. I know maybe is too late. Want to ask all Mummy how to train your baby to self-feed.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Let LO play with spoon during meal time, then encourage(asssit LO scoop food with spoon and put into his/her mouth) and cheer for LO he/she put the spoon into his/her mouth. Eat together, so that LO will be able to see how we eat with spoon, LO will try to do the same. Refrain yourself from feeding though LO might takes awhile to eat by him/herself, give your LO some time. Be consistence and let your LO self feed everyday during meal time. Sometimes LO might use his/her hand, it’s ok, just remind him/her that he/her can use a spoon to eat just like us adult.

Read more

Hello, I think you can try making this whole self-feeding process an enjoyable one for your LO. You can give him spoon and bowl to play with and for them to think what are they for? This can also strike a good bonding time with your LO :)

I don’t think it’s too late. Start with finger foods first. Like you can cut carrots into Long thin finger sized pieces and offer. Pls be with your child while he’s Eating.

VIP Member