How to stop breastfeeding?

Not in terms of method. I’m an EP mum. Been bf my baby for 16 months now. I’ve been thinking of stopping since beginning of the year. But every month I just keep going and going cause I feel bad for stopping. I wanna stop cause I’m a bit tired from having to pump a few times a day. Been dreaming of not having to pump anymore. Also my milk keeps on dropping. Now I’m only pumping 300++ per day. But everytime I think about quitting I feel guilty about it. We got to stop at some point of time. How do you guys finally decide to stop bf? And how you guys get rid of the guilt?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I understand how you feel. I felt that way too and I dragged to stop breastfeeding my baby. The moment I set my mind to stop breastfeeding is when one of my hub friend came and he mentioned this ‘actually after 6months of breastfeeding, the nutrients in the breastmilk is no longer there. Most of the nutrients from breastmilk have already given to your baby in her first 6 months.’ And so I decided to just stop, thinking that anyway my baby is going to have more solid and now the main nutrients comes from solid and not milk anymore for her development. If you feel like continuing breastfeeding then just continue. Don’t force yourself. If you really want to stop breastfeeding, think positively whereby your baby will still grow healthily since now the nutrients are mainly from solid and milk is like a supplement.

Read more
TapFluencer

just pump until it's totally dry out