When did you stop pumping/breast feeding?

Mummies who are working, when did you stop breast feeding or pumping? Back to work for a week only & I thought of stopping my breast feeding journey but I am feeling so guilty/bad. I wish I have the energy and strength to continue, however at times I am feeling soooo tired and restless.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When start working, you really will feel like giving up. Need to rush for work, need to pump milk, feel like time is not enough. Don't give up, cos we all know the breastmilk is the best for our lo. But, even said so, if you really have hard time coping, you can always pump before going to work. Or pump or latch on when you return home. Do what is the best for you. You are very important and believe that you have done your best. Jia you. Breastfeeding journey is never easy and you are not alone.

Read more
VIP Member

I feel you! I am pumping at work and latching at home. My bb is turning 8 months. To pump at work, your boss and colleagues need to be supportive and understanding. If not, it’s gonna be hard. Don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s always harder in the beginning. One way is to do mixed feeding. Hand express at work to relieve engorgement and direct latch at work Even if you want to stop, it will take some time unless you take medication.

Read more
VIP Member

It's really tiring. From lugging pumps, queuing for nursing room, being away from work to pump, to ensuring milk are kept cold. Bosses and colleagues weren't that supportive and kept saying they also nv bf last time due to work or conveniently forgot that I need to pump and held me up when I was leaving to pump. I held on and stopped pumping at work when baby turns 15 months, but carried on direct latching at home. She is 22 months now.

Read more

When LO turns 10m old, 7m after I am back to work, i stopped pumping as the amount is too little to justify and didnt feel the urge to empty it all our. Yes indeed it was challenging. Was motivated as there were other nursing mothers, we encouraged each other to keep it going. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Read more
VIP Member

I had to pump in my company store room (airconditioned but abit dusty) hoping no one knocks for stuff (which it happened several times). Im a low supply mum so it's even more demoralising that after 30 mins im just getting so little. My journey is ending soon i think, as my son is already 1.5 years old.

Read more
Super Mum

I completely stopped after 10 months, but started cutting down after about 8 months. There’s absolutely no need to feel guilty. She’s growing well, and you’ve done an amazing job:) Even when you stop breastfeeding, you’re still an awesome mum!

TapFluencer

Actuafter 6 month baby given solid your milk supply will start to drop and can drag pump time. I pump during the day and latch at night. I'm a over supply mummy but its so tiring for me so I learn to dream feed so I get to sleep too.

VIP Member

I’m still breastfeeding my firstborn, she’s already turning 4yo next month. #2 is 9mo now, still breastfeeding too

4y ago

Oic thanks mummy for sharing! 🙂

TapFluencer

My boy turning 10months and I'm still pumping I skip night pumping after back to work

6 months now.. Currently pumping 4 times a day. Planning to stop gradually..