Diabetes

Hi mummies. I’m a first time mum in my third trimester. I’ve been controlling my diet since I got pregnant now at 31 weeks I’m suddenly diagnosed with diabetes. The problem is I’ve never consumed any sweet drinks or have a sweet tooth. I failed 1 out of 3 of the tests I took and now I have to monitor my blood sugar level and prick my finger 7 times a day. I know that certain foods has natural sugars in them. And my doctor did say that stress and genetics is one of the reasons for this. Anyone has any meal plans I can share with me? Also, having heavy anxiety cause I’m running out of time and I don’t want this to affect my baby or how I give birth.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have GD too and pricking fingers and checking glucose level is the easiest way to know whether the food is ok or bad to eat. Carbo is the biggest culprit for me. Go for pasta, brown rice, Basmati rice , wholegrain, oats. Eat more protein (meat) and veggie instead. Avoid all sugary stuffs. Prata and mee siam is a killer! (According to my glucose kit). Don’t be stress . You can do it.

Read more
4y ago

😯 I didn’t know that! Thanks so much

I had GD too. Usually I had oatmeal, wholemeal bread, egg, lowfat milk in the morning. For lunch or dinner, i had half cup of brown rice with pork or chicken stew (i added green leafy veggies). You can have avocado for snack. It helped my baby grow even when i'm dieting.

4y ago

Thanks so much! 😁

I take brown rice everyday and take some light foods eg. steamed fish,pork,chicken and more veggies and fruits. Fruits take for low sugar eg. Guava, strawberry, apple and avocado. Avoid white rice and noodle, fried foods, fruit juice and soft drink.

4y ago

Thank you! 😀

VIP Member

Hi. I have GD too and my sugar level has been good. I realised that carbs are one of my biggerst culprit. So i avoid carbs. I only eat basmati rice once a day. No sugar drinks at all. And daily 30 minutes walk at least. It will help.

4y ago

Thank you!