When Start Walking?

Normally after lo crawls, how long after they will start to walk? My lo has been crawling for more than 2 months but still no signs of wanting to walk.

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Every child is different. I have 3 kids First one start to walk on 18 months Second one 11 months Third one 13 months. When they are ready, they will start the new milestone. Let’s enjoy the phase now before your lo start to walk and run about for you to chase. 😉

Read more
VIP Member

Most babies take their first steps sometime between 9 and 12 months and are walking well by the time they're 14 or 15 months old. Don't worry if your child takes a little longer, though. Some perfectly normal children don't walk until they're 16 or 17 months old.

Super Mum

No hurry. Let your LO progress on his own. It is actually better for babies to crawl more as they are using their hands and legs. It is better for the development of their brain. Afterall, it is the brain that is controlling the hands and legs.

VIP Member

It’s ok, let him/her crawl more. When she/he is ready, they will learn how to walk. Is she/he already starting to learn how to stand or cruise along the furnitures?

4y ago

That’s all right. Once their legs strengthen, they will walk :)

Super Mum

Did u mean walk without support? Anything below 18 mths is fine. There are some who walk without support at 12 mth and I have fren's son who walked at 16 mths.

Super Mum

No hurry, mummy! In fact more crawling is better as it develops their right and left brain simutanously as research studies shows... :)

Walking with assistance? Will be around 6-8 mths onwards. Don’t worry! Crawling actually better improve their brain than walking!

Mine started walking when they were 10 months and 12months. But don't be worried some babies take time

TapFluencer

recalled mine started late as well... do bring for regular developmental screening

VIP Member

Mine is coming 14 months still not walking yet. Crawl around 6 months + too.