first trimester feeling

Hi, is it normal that I feel really sick and nauseous in my first trimester to the point of unable to function as normal? I constantly have a bad headache and the dizziness is affecting me and my daily life. Unable to go to work too and I had to keep sleeping to feel better. I have never heard my friends or seen my colleagues like this before when they were pregnant. Is it normal? Anyone can share their experience?

37 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same here 😔

Same here

Super Mum

It is normal

I realised that i was pregnant at week 4 and i started having only morning sickness. By week 5, full day sickness hit me. I throw up once i get up in the morning. Literally i was vomiting every 2-3 hours, irregardless if theres food intake anot. Dizzy spells also hit me. Currently im at week 8. Still the same. But gynae prescribe me with pills that help me slightly but not totally. I still vomit at certain time. And whole day feeling dizzy practically cannot work at all other than doing light housework.

Read more
5y ago

I understand what u r going through. Practically, the best is to stay beside the dustbin with a big packet of tissues this is what im doing most of the time given that im no longer working. Im giving myself some time to break free and just wait till the sickness goes away after another month. Then i will work again. So maybe u can either talk to ur boss for taking unpaid for the next 1-2 weeks. If not, then u hv to depend on the diclectin that gynae prescribe.

Yes normal

Yes it may

VIP Member

same here