💔 Heartbreak

Hello, my newborn just got discharge from NICU. from the day he was born, he has been fed formula milk as we are not able to see each other and i couldn’t hand expressed my milk so soon. overtime, after massaging and hand expressing , and pumping? i managed to have some milk supply. right after his discharge, i straight away allowed him to latch on to me everytime it’s his milk time, however i realised that everytime he breastfeeds, he poos and it is very watery, he also passes gas alot and seems to have an upset tummy to an extent then he fusses and couldnt sleep seems like he has diarrhea adter drinking my breast milk i feel so helpless because that’s my only milk supply for him and i feel like such a bad mom giving my son my milk only to have him follow up with an upset tummy after:(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hallo Mom, hug you tight ❤️ i feel your feeling how 💔 when see our baby hospitalized cause my daughter also hospitalized for her jaundice..but good to hear that finally you’re with your baby.. you’re not bad mom..there isn’t school for being good mom but we are trying to be good mom although sometimes our expectation doesn’t same as reality..please don’t let that feeling make you down..your baby needs happy mother..❤️ you’re great mom for him cause you think about him and do lots of effort to fulfill his need.. For watery 💩, your baby is still adjust to receive your breastmilk..as long as you feed him every 2-3 hours and hydrate for him, should be okay..hope you could avoid spicy or sour cause what we eat, our baby also eat from breastmilk.. For upset tummy, you could apply a bit warm oil and carry him cause he need your cuddle to make him safe and warm..Hang on, mommy!Stay healthy, happy and positive ❤️

Read more