IFC or MIL?

Hi, need some advise from mummies who face this issue before. My LO will be going to IFC next week, turning 3months in 2weeks time. Previously decided to put him in IFC because no one can help take care of him when im back to work. However, recently my MIL told us that she got retrenched and she offered to help take care. Im in dilemma whether to put him in IFC or withdraw him and pass him to my mil. The IFC is my ideal choice in term of distance and supposely the waiting time is more than 1 year but in view of covid, we manage to got him in much earlier. Also, registration fee and school fee has been paid. Im very insisting to put him in IFC as in the long run, i can put him in my ideal school up till K2. However, my mil feels upsad that we choose IFC over her. Previously as she is still working, i does not want her to quit her job for the sake of taking care of grandson. In long run when my son turns 18months or even nursery, he will still go to school, by then her "duty" is done and she has nothing more to do. Now she got retrenched, she said she got more time to care for her grandson. But i dont want her life revolving around grandchildren. She is in her mids 50s, still fit to work. We encourage her to look for new job and she can still take care of grandson over the weekends. But she mentioned let her take a break and see to situation. I dont mind letting mil to take care of my son but i will lose the slot of IFC which i dunno if by 18mth i can secure the slot or anot. If i insist on IFC, my mil will be upsad and sure mil/dil relationship sure turn bad. Haix, what shall i do. 😭

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would prefer ifc to be honest. Because if u want to let mil take care, be prepared to have conflicts/quarrel sooner or later over baby issue. This is something unavoidable. Afterall their method of taking care is definetly diff from our generation.