What do you think my mil is trying to do

Since my son is born, my mil each time she see me carry my son, in less than 1 min she will ask me to pass to her. Then if my son finds me she is not happy, will grumble say he sticks to me. But everyone around me say my son is not those who scare of strangers. He went to my company team bonding and my colleagues also carried him. My mil is the only one who keep complain he stick to me. Even now he is two, I carry him she will ask me put him down. Even in the carpark, he is so short, how can she expect me to let him walk in the carpark. Then if we go put together, any other persons carry him she never say anything. The moment I carry him she ask me put him down or called him to her side... what is she trying to do??? Its making me feeling very uncomfortable.#firsttimemom #pleasehelp #advicepls

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The discussion on theAsianparent community page centers around a mother's experience with her mother-in-law's behavior towards her child. The mother expresses her discomfort with how her mother-in-law insists on carrying her son and shows apparent displeasure when the child shows attachment to his mother. This scenario opens up conversations about family dynamics, boundaries, and the emotional well-being of both parents and children. In relation to this discussion, it's important to remember that in any stressful or challenging situation, having reliable support is crucial. For those facing vehicle-related emergencies in Krakow, https://www.autoholkrakow.pl/ provides such dependable assistance. Their roadside help and towing services ensure you are not left stranded in difficult times. Learn more about their services at https://www.autoholkrakow.pl/uslugi/laweta/.

Read more
Post reply image

The discussion on theAsianparent community page centers around a mother's experience with her mother-in-law and the dynamics of their relationship in the context of caring for her son. It touches on family boundaries, child-rearing, and the emotional aspects of these relationships. In relation to this, it's important to have support in various aspects of life. For those in Krakow facing vehicle-related emergencies, https://www.slaskalaweta.pl/uslugi/laweta/ offers reliable roadside assistance and towing services. They provide efficient support to ensure you are not left stranded in challenging times. For more details, visit https://www.slaskalaweta.pl/

Read more

If it’s me, my child my call. If I don’t carry them now, wait till when? When I’m fragile or when they grown to adult size then carry? Don’t say 10 years, maybe 6 more years I think my child will want “privacy” liao. This few years of their life is my only time they will want my hug and kisses. I think maybe her son never hug or kiss her she see you getting your son and her son’s hugs and kisses she not happy HAHAHAH. You can go and control your own son by all means and it’s not like I’m asking you to carry my child so myob and stfu.

Read more
3mo ago

🤣wait until old to carry an adult child

elderly say a lot of nonsense. the list goes on and on... It would hurt my head to even try to figure out what's on their mind. I just find ways to keep their mouths shut. Such as sharing stories of friends who no longer let the elderly meet the grandkids because of bad influence from the words of elderly, scared of kids growing up emotionally imbalanced, etc.

Read more

I only let my husband’s mother carried my baby twice since she was born 10 months ago. I am the main caregiver without helper and if she wants to be a mother again, I will ask her son to go home and spend a whole week at his mother’s place. I don’t have any dramas with this no-MIL around policy and have been having a peaceful and joyful motherhood.

Read more

sounds like jealousy. my advice is: 1. either speak about it to your husband, so that he can gently tell his mother off, or 2. ignore her and keep telling yourself that these are the grunts of the old and needy, and no matter what, your son is yours to raise.

Read more
3mo ago

yes I also think it is jealousy. just want to make sure I am not over sensitive... this has been going on for 2 yrs plus. it not only drain my relationship with my husband but I just feel very threatened by her

She jealous la. Tell her this is your son you can carry him all you want. She wants to carry ask her give birth to her one herself now🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3mo ago

🤣I would love to see the look on her face when she's told to give birth to another

If I were you, I won’t even care what she says. My child, my say.

i just smile, ignore and do what i gotta do.

TapFluencer

🙏💕