Post Csect Pain

Hi all. Just need some advice. I went for e-csect on 15th feb. Everything was fine and my wound healed well. Now I'm 5 weeks post partum and suddenly I feel a dull pain in my internal abdomen like 2 or 3 inches above my scar. I didnt lift any heavy objects, Ive been fairly consistent with my girdle and I didnt eat any 'restricted' foods. Any advice? Anyone else felt this before?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Your scar is a beautiful horizontal line (slightly curved), but that’s just the outside. On the inside, the doctors had to split the muscles, and cut through the fibrous inner lining vertically to get to your womb and take baby out. So although your skin has healed nicely in that horizontal line, you’ll still feel tightness and a dull ache along the vertical line (which you can’t see) from the internal healing and scarring. Whenever the scar line gets pulled, you’ll feel the discomfort. Over time (maybe 6 months to a year), the scar will soften, then you should feel less discomfort:)

Read more

Hey hi i had the same pain also... My doctor told me its ok... Just took pain meds and rested.. For us csect the internal.wound will heal up to 6months.. Just dont do any heavy work and u can only carry ur baby...

VIP Member

Yes I felt internal pain at around the same time as you did after my csect. And surprisingly about a week+ later, my period came 🙄

Yes! Im already 4 weeks post c sect and still feel some pain. Better not to carry heavy objects for these few months. 💪🏻

TapFluencer

My C sec wound still pain till date at times. It's normal it took about 6 month pp for me to recover from feeling pain.

I had the same concern but my massage lady said its probably just uterus contracting

VIP Member

Best to consult your gynaecologist asap take care!

VIP Member

Take care. The dull pain lasted v long.