Can csect take longer to heal for diff people

Is it normal to take longer to recover from csect than what mostly mentioned as 6 weeks? I read everywhere says by 6 weeks you should recover. Im so worried im at week 5 almost 6, and i still have pain every now and then at incision and also lower abdomen/tummy. My lower tummy is also still hard? Not sure is the muscle or what I went to gynae last week and she said my incision healing well and scanned my internal looks fine. But not sure why uptil now im still having ache/pain/swelling on my right pelvic area and lower tummy. Like the muscle and ligament is still in pain

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went through c sect too. Am 10 weeks PP now and I still feel some soreness and sensitivity near my incision site. What I did to relieve the numbness is to touch the overhang spot (the hard part) like do small circular rubbing (lightly!) motion daily to get the feeling back there. It will be uncomfortable at first. It feels less numb now and the bump is less swollen and hard as well. You can try that but don’t rub your incision wound directly! I remember I was still on painkiller and relying on my binder at 5-6 weeks PP so I think you’re doing better than I was! :)

Read more

I’m a c sect mom too and I say give your body time to heal. 6 weeks is just a rough figure. Can’t expect to be exactly 6 weeks right? Your body just did a wonderful job delivering your child, don’t give it more KPI like must recovered by when. Trust your gynae’s professionalism. Get a second opinion if you’re really that worry. At the meantime, try to get enough rest and eat well.

Read more

Hi. Yes mama its different for everyone. I am 7 months post partum and i still feel nerve pains sometimes and some sciatica every now and then. Please remember that our body was cut through 7 layers, and it takes time to heal, just like a scar or a popped pimple. Everybody's body is different. Just do your best and take one day at a time. It will get better.

Read more