Request for WFH or HL?

Hi! Need some advice from all the working mum-to-be! I am currently 8 weeks, sometimes I will feel dizzy and light headed. I have to work 2-3 days every week, and commuting to and fro office will be 3 hours! (1.5 hrs + 1 5hrs) I am thinking on my 10 weeks appointment with my gynae, should I request gynae to write a memo for me to WFH/HL until I safety reach 2nd trimester? Not all colleagues wore mask in office, I feel safer to work at home especially I am still on my 1st trimester (not even mentioning those pregnancy symtoms!) I know some gynaes are not willing to give HL easily... but if I request WFH will it be easier?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think try to ask your company to let u wfhbor ask gyane to maybe write a letter or something for u to submit to HR. Don't waste HL. WFH u will be more comfortable and can take breaks when you feel tired and eat anytime when u like. I told my bosses when I found out I was pregnant and they immediately ask for approval for me to wfh instead.

Read more
2y ago

ur boss so supportive. my boss ignore me when i request wfh. i ask gyne write me letter till week 13 gyne give 10days only. im at w8 now.

If ur morning sickness is really bad, ur gynae will give u HL.. I was given HL for 1 month during wk 9 cos my morning sickness was really bad. After which my office gave me the priority to WFH till now.

Thank you all for the replies! I have called up my gynae and he is okay to let me WFH for the time being.

3y ago

Do whats best for your child and I. At the end of the day if anything happens, work is not gonna make it up. (From my own experience!) Rest well!

VIP Member

yes ,can ask gynae for wfh. my gynae did gave me wfh memo also because of my pregnancy condition.