Newborn pillow

Is it necessary for a newborn pillow? Anyone used mimos pillow before... and is it effective?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I didn’t use pillows for either of my babies, due to risk of suffocation. I varied the resting positions of the head when putting baby to sleep, and neither of my kids had flathead in the end. My toddler got a pillow at about 2? Haha.. but the guideline says after 1yo

We bought, but she sleeps better without it. We only use it when she lays on her playgym. Besides, you'll be worried if she will suffocate in the middle of the night if she turns and face the pillow facedown, unless u keep waking up to check..

VIP Member

No, not necessary. It’s better not to use a pillow for newborns unless it’s due to a medical condition like flat head etc. It’s recommended to use a pillow after 12 months old.

4y ago

Thanks as I was thinking of the risk also of suffocation etc

Not required. Only buy after 12 months. We bought 3, use none, Baby sleeps flat without pillow as more cooling without pillow😂

It is not necessary. My LO has the tendency to fall asleep only with pillow, but I will remove the pillow after she fell asleep.

Super Mum

It is not recommended to use pillows for newborn based on research.

Gave my bb use pillow when she's 1 month. Using babysafe pillow.

VIP Member

NB doesnt need any pillow. Its not recommended to have one.

Not at all. Not sure how do we use pillow for new born

VIP Member

Not necessary