Is it necessary to give nanny a copy of your Lo birth cert? Was told in case need to go hospital or see doctor purposes

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

frankly i don't think so. in case of very emergency, i think she should go to the hospital or clinic and wait for the parents (i believe the parents should be able to rush down). even when i went to KK, i forgot my son's BC, i just register and see doctor first, later then get someone to bring the BC. if go clinic and there is already a clinic that you use for your child, i believe you can just register with the name and then can see doctor already. I don;t know what they can do with the BC copy but i won't let any outsider have a copy of confidential stuff, just like we don't let others have a copy of of passport or IC - well, you never know

Read more

Hi if you have a PD you always bring baby to you could let her have the clinic card so that she can show the clinic if one day she does need to bring your kid to PD? In any case I feel it should be the parents to bring the kids to see a doctor not the nanny unless the situation is really urgent. Even if such situations occur, j am sure the hospital or clinic can admit the kid first and the parents can follow up later with registration. I won't give her a copy of the birth cert. Anyway she can always call you for the birth cert no if she really needs it for registration right.

Read more

I don't think so. If something happens, they go to the ER and the ER will call you. They will definitely attend to your child first even without the documents then will wait for you to bring the documents over.

Nope.if anythi g happens she can send your child to the ER and they will contact you then. Unless you are going to be overseas. If that's the case better to ask someone external to help and safe keep.

Nope, anyway kkh will say you can bring the birth certificate the next day or something like that. Encounter before when my hub Son got hospitalised. You can also have them call you.

VIP Member

no i wont give. in terms of emergency, i will go down and meet them. they will admit my kids first usually

depends on how close I am with the nanny. I will give her a copy in case

I don't think so.I wouldn't give something so confidential.

VIP Member

No i dont think so.