My nanny was sick and wouldn't be able to work for a week. Meanwhile i can't leave my work even though i can do it from home. I need an activity to keep my son busy while i'm working. What is the best activity that my 16 months old son can do and make him focus on it except watching videos?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have dealt with similar challenges in the past. Here are some things that worked for me: 1. I used to put my daughter in a playpen with lots of age-appropriate and safe building blocks. This would keep her busy for up to an hour at a time, allowing me to get some work done. 2. I would also time my calls with her scheduled nap times. 3. Arranged for my mum to come over for 3 hours, to handle breakfast and bath routine in the morning, allowing me to get most of the work out of the way by lunch time. 4. sticking large pieces of paper on the floor, giving her large crayons and letting her scribble -- could last for anything between 30-40 minutes. I didn't have this when when my daughter was little, but there is wonderful co-working space available for parents with children - http://www.trehauscowork.com

Read more