My husband sperm count is normal. However, mobility is zero. His sperm shape is not great as well. Gynae advise IVF, however, hubby is not willing for me to go through the pain. Any supplement to recommend to help boost the sperm mobility?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

According to this article (http://www.menshealth.com.sg/weight-loss-nutrition/8-foods-greater-fertility), Zinc, Selenium, and Vitamin B12 are likely to help improve sperm motility (swimming ability). So your husband can try consuming supplements or food with these. Vitamin C, Fatty acids, Amino acids, CoQ10, and Vitamin E are some others that would likely improve the quality. The article also propose limiting intake of caffine, soya products and alcohol as these may be related to negative impacts on the sperm. And in this other article (http://www.healthxchange.com.sg/healthyliving/menhealth/Pages/Male-Infertility-Myths-Exposed.aspx), it was mentioned that L-carnitine, L-arginine, and folic acid are also believed to improve sperm quality (in addition to the list in the first article). Hope these help!

Read more

U try acupuncture for your husband or both of you. It worked on us, after 6 yrs of trying to have a baby now im about to poop in 3 weeks. And also while your on acupuncture both of you are bot allowed to drink cold drinks, softdrinks, sweet foods like chocolate and cake. Sleep early starting at 9-10pm and wake up early. After 5 session of acupuncture i got pregnant.:) My husband sperm count was super low and also the mobility and i have an endometriosis. We were advise also for IVF but sister regina the nun doctor who performed the acupuncture advise us to try the natural way. We religiously follwed everything she told us. To keep our body warm always. Avoid cold drinks and sweets. Now, im happy and expected to give birth to my baby boy in 3 weeks.:)

Read more
4y ago

Can share where you go for acupuncture?

I read that supplemental nutrients that are important in enhancing fertility are vitamin C and zinc. Vitamin C will help prevent sperm from clumping or sticking together, thus improving sperm motility. The recommended intake is 2,000 to 6,000 milligrams daily. Zinc, taken about 100 to 200 mg daily, has been shown to increase testosterone levels, sperm count and sperm motility (how effective they are as swimmers). High zinc sources include oysters, organ meats, lean beef, turkey, lamb, herring, wheat germ, legumes and nuts. http://www.alive.com/family/6-ways-to-boost-male-fertility-naturally/#sthash.nLZdzrGD.dpuf

Read more

If you wish to have a child..there are thing's we coudnt control no matter how many meds you take,sometimes it will never work,be optimistic if gynae advise you IVF, be brave! many have tried and it works.

Try medical herbs ... i think my problem almost the same with your husband but after just 2 mths my wife become pregnant and now we have a healthy 1.5mths cute baby boy

5y ago

I do not know ... My mother in law brought the herbs over when she was here for holiday. If you want to, my wife going back and she can get it for u .

My sperm was not in great shape before and one of the reasons why my wife was not getting pregnant. Our OB Gyne just recommended "Zeman" and it worked.

5y ago

what is that.. supliment? or what

VIP Member

Try Chinese medicine from reputable Chinese physicians. You can google for more info

You can try Dr. Quick that's if there is no infection oooo

Your husband could try Brazil nuts or royal jelly

coq10