My husband can't attend the 20wk scan with me so I want a fun way to reveal the gender to him. I don't want to spend to much and he is afraid of balloons.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

get your sonographer to write the gender in a sealed envelope so you don't even know! then take the envelope to the local florist and get them to fill ballons with the appropriate pink or blue confetti and then pop the balloons infront of your hunny so everyone finds out together!

Buy matching baby shoes for all three of you! Here are some brands that you might want to consider; Converse, Adidas, Timberland, Superga. You can choose the same design but different colours, and the colour of the baby's shoes can go according to the gender

I will ask the sonographer to keep the gender as secret first and put it in an envelope and open together with my husband. I hope to see each other's surprising face on the spot. This will be more fun!

You can send him a picture (on whatsapp or mms) of the ultrasound and use one of those cute editing apps on your phone and place a blue cap or a pink crown on the baby's head. Something like this:

Post reply image
VIP Member

Make a cake and add the correct food colouring for your little one. So as hubby cuts into the cake all is revealed!

thanks