My daughter watches a lot of TV and am worried it would have affect her thinking and also her eyesight. We can't do without TV as my in-laws like to watch serials and daily soaps. What should I do?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For eyesight you may put spectacles but her psyche will be marred for life, if she continues watching serials. You have to take a stern stance on this issue and should speak to your in-laws about how it is going to affect your child. You can also shift the television to your in-laws room instead of a common room. This would solve the problem. You need to talk to your daughter, and tell her that if she watches television more than the time you have allowed just for cartoons, you are also not going to listen to her as well. You can talk to your husband and find out an amicable way to resolve the issue with your in-laws. And you both can make your daughter too understand how such serials are not meant for kids. Whenever my in-laws are at our place, we face the same issue, as they do not switch off the T.V at all. But thankfully, we have two television sets and the one in their room only is put on. Also, I have sternly told my daughter that I should not ever see her watching serials in their room. She has a set television time when she watches cartoon.

Read more

Distract her from her tv fixation by getting her books, taking her out to play at the park or playing games. Too much tv at such a young age is not healthy, if you cannot wean it off her, give her a new thing (hopefully something more educational) to fixate on.

Definitely control or it'll become a habit. I have a cousin whose son is not able to sit still unless the tv/ipad is on. :( idk how true but i guess you should prevent before serious happens?

need to control her. my son also like to watch iPad. I got limit for him.