My daughter is turning 4 years old by June and she is not yet potty train ready. I've been exclusively cloth diapering her since she was 4 months to the present that I think she's so comfortable with it she doesn't want to pee or poo on the toilet. I bought her a potty seat with music, ended up selling it because it became a dust collector. Bought a potty toilet seat cover as well with her favorite character Dora but doesn't want to sit on it because Dora will get dirty. Been bribing her with prizes if she gets to pee or poo on the toilet but she still manages to hold them off. Please give me ideas/tips on how to potty train her. She'll soon be attending formal school and it would be awkward that her teacher still be the one to wash her when she goes to the toilet. Thank you in advance!

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same my 3.5yrs old girl still not potty train yet, but her younger young was able to do it at 3 yrs old. I guess different phase and not ready yet. I tried all the methods you mention, nothing works. She doesn't even say she urine or poo in her diaper or even she was wearing the training pants. I having such a headache as there are pressures from the in laws and husband. I also borrow books and videos to educate her, nothing works. I'm still slowly trying to wean her off diaper. I read article saying 3 days fool proof method, it also don't work. I think must find the cause. I know why my girl is not ready yet cause she has no confidence and she is scare she will get scolded if she say she pees or poos cause the father has no patience and scolded her quite badly the other time. She is afraid to say now, so I'm using all my patience to guide her to speak up. Jiayou mummy..hopefully we will see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Read more