My daughter is 8 months old. How can I gently encourage my daughter to fall a asleep without breastfeeding and without crying? first six months I did only breastfeeding and after that I start liquid food.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to establish a bedtime routine. Similar to what Idza has mentioned, you can try talking to your baby, recapping her day as part of the conversation. Your voice would be calming to her and may help her drift off to sleep. You can also try setting up a get-ready-for-bed routine. Give her a quick bath, wipe her face, clean her gums/brush her teeth, change diapers and also change into pajamas. Soon, she will associate these as part of the pre-bedtime ritual and could know what to expect (bedtime!). One thing to note would be that some babies get excited over bathtime. If your daughter is one such baby, it would be wiser to leave out the bath as part of the routine as it will likely energize her instead of getting her ready for bed. Shift her night time feeding ahead so that she will not take it as part of the bedtime ritual.

Read more