First six months my daughter was on breastfeeding only and after six months I started liquid food. please advise what I can give in liquid form.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It will be good not to feed baby too much cereal as they contains quite a huge amount of sugar. If you want, healthy times will be a great option but feed sparingly. They are available at most supermarkets under baby or health department. As for puree, you can follow the chart attached. Golden rule of feeding babies food is that you must introduce every new food for 4 days to ensure that there is no allergies. Do note that you should introduce food one by one so that you can track which food is the allergen. Baby should start of with one meal per day and in small amount. This is not to substitute away their milk feed but to let them try and to test for allergies.

Read more
Post reply image

You can also give your baby smoothies. They are easy to prepare so you can make them yourself and avoid store bought ones which are usually high in sugar. Make the smoothies using food that your baby has eaten before and had shown no allergic reaction to. If you are introducing new food in the smoothie, make sure you only have one new food in the blend. So that if your baby displays any allergic symptom, you can isolate the ingredient that is causing the reaction. Here’s an article on making smoothies for babies: http://canigivemybaby.com/smoothies/ And here are some recipes you can try: http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/babysmoothiesrecipes.htm

Read more

u can start off with puree. semi solid food. after 6 months, it's good for the kids to learn how to use their mouth and kids ae wonderful, they can be very smart. you can also try cereal or fruits. no matter what u try, do it once or twice a day without mixing. this is to make sure that there is no allergic reactions.

Read more

I started my child with cereal mixed with bm when she 4.5 to 5 months. It is semi solid. It is good to start baby with some baby cereal that you can easily find at most NTUC organic area. I fed her once a day in the morning till she was 18 mths.