My cousin is close to her due date. One of our tasks is to suggest unique yet traditional Filipino names for the baby. We're considering Tala (bright star) but my aunt said it is quite common already. Any suggestions?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

How about Marikit? I think it's a very unique and native Filipino name and does make a statement out of its meaning alone. It means beautiful. Lualhati is beautiful too. Sounds and means lovely to me. Lualhati means spiritual peace. If your cousin is still in search of a name, she may want to take a peek at this site I've come across: http://www.babynames.ch/Info/Language/laTagalog

Magbasa pa

I have a Filipina friend named Malaya. According to her, it means free and independent. I also quite like the name Pia as in Pia Wurtzbach, the Miss Universe from the Philippines. Not too sure if it's a Filipino/Tagalog name but she is such a gorgeous lady :)

I've seen a baby named Likha and her surname is Dalisay. When combined, I think it's really a beautiful name. Not to mention, its meaning is as beautiful as the name sounds

Why not mix modern Pinoy names to really old ones? If hindi sure kung girl or boy ang baby, why not Kalangitan Caleb?

I have a batchmate and their entire family is named in Filipino - Liwanag, Liwayway, Laya, Amihan and Silayan.

How about Liezel? It means "My God is abundance"