Hey everyone! My wife and I are planning a trip to Bohol, and we're considering letting my parents watch our toddler. What's the longest you've been away from your kids on a vacation? We've yet to travel anywhere without our kid, and it might be a lot for her to handle!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Wow, I wanna visit Bohol soon too. Anyway, when my sibling and I were still kids, I remember my parents going out of town and leaving us behind the guidance of our grandparents. The longest they've been away I believe was 3 days. As far as I know, we had this set up for twice a year during my elementary days in school and my dad mentioned also that there were those times during my toddler days when he would treat my mom to a vacation. Having no sight of our parents, as kids and toddlers, of course, was the least thing we want to happen. But, trusting my grandparents was a good decision since we grew up close to them. Perhaps, they enjoyed every minute of the babysitting duty.

Magbasa pa

Sharing the same thoughts as Roseanne. Take this time to prepare both your child and your in-laws to have a good bonding relationship by either visiting your inlaws every weekend or them visiting you and letting them take care of your little one for a good couple of hours. In this way, both your child and your in-laws will get to be 'comfortable' with each other. Also, make sure to give a list of reminders regarding your toddler (say things your little one usually loves doing during certain times of the day, music or show that he/she is fond of, etc).

Magbasa pa

How long will you be away from your toddler? I suggest that few weeks before the trip, you start introducing to your toddler the idea of leaving him/her for a couple of minutes then hours to your in-laws. This is so he can also adjust being away from you for a certain period of time. This will also be a good introduction and practice to your in-laws because they will get the hang of taking care of your little one while you are not around.

Magbasa pa