My child used to love avocado but she hardly takes a bite now. How to re-introduce the fruit again?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I suggest lightly grilling avocado slices to add a new texture and taste dimension. I personally love the slightly crunchy texture on the surface and the warm creamy inside of the avocado after grilling. You can also mix avocado with cream cheese - the mixture of savoury and a tinge of sweet might be an interesting taste combination for your child and reignite her interest in the fruit again. Here is a recipe that I love: Ingredients: - 1 avocado - Cream cheese - Optional: cereals, crackers, or toast How to make it: Peel then cut the ripe avocado into cubes before mashing with a fork. Add the cream cheese and blend until smooth as desired. Shape them into small balls, then spread the avocado mixture on crackers or toast. Cut the toast into smaller pieces for baby's convenience. This website has a list of avocado recipes that babies and children will love: http://www.newkidscenter.com/Avocado-Baby-Food-Recipes.html

Read more

Usually when it comes to introducing solids what you want to do is introduce new foods in the morning so that if there is a reaction she has the day to recover a bit. Always give several days (at least 3 but maybe up to a week if you know she might react) between adding new foods so that you can isolate potential problem foods. It really helps to keep a log as well so you can refer back to what you've introduced and what reactions there might have been. If you notice that a particular food causes a problem, stop it immediately and give it a few weeks before trying it again.

Read more

How have you been serving avocados to your child before she lost interest in them? Perhaps a change in texture and taste might help? Avocado can be a bit heavy if served on its own and its easy to lose interest in them. Perhaps you can try mixing avocado with other fruits like bananas, for a change in taste. It might just pique baby's interest in avocado again. Here's a recipe you can try: http://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/avocado-banana-puree

Read more

thanks