How to get kids to love science? My P3 gal used to love Science programs, but ever since her marks dropped she has lost interest. Now she says, “I’m bad at science.” Anyone facing similar issues ?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Maybe get her those science project toy kits (can be found easily in toysrus) and play together with her. There are also a lot of fun and simple science projects you can watch in you tube. You can also do these activities with her. Make science fun and not about tests abc scoring high grades.

Science center DIY science projects Start with maybe the topics she is weaker at.... Is it the life cycle, plants, etc etc Experiment with her on various things science related Perhaps start a project together

Read more

It’s perhaps hard for her to come to terms about her marks. It could be demoralising for her. Try to pique her interest by gently asking how you can help her through this situation

my kids are not that old yet.. but y not try to work out some science project with your girl to let her build interest.. science experiment are e most interesting thing to do!

I would suggest that you can bring your daughter to the science Centre to explore. Introducing science to her via the fun fact ways can help your kid to pick up science again!

VIP Member

Hi... suggest you bring your child for exploratory science programs at Singapore science center over the weekend and show her that science is useful and fun.

VIP Member

Could be just a phase.. There are a couple of science camps this June hol so maybe you can enrol her in one of those?

Try those science kits or games. You can find them on amazon:) fun and also helps to foster a curious mind!

VIP Member

Maybe enrol her in holiday camps? I've seen some interesting classes held by enrichment schools.

She has to find her own passion.