My baby only poops after wearing her new diaper and it became a habit for her. Any idea on why she does that?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am surprise your baby is only pooping when wearing diaper! This means she is really smart to be acustomised to this "clean habit". I facing the same situation when I potty trained my daugther when she was 2 years old. She only pooped in diaper but not potty. It took a while for her to get used to poop in potty/toilet. Your baby is still young, so don't have to worry and it could be just a phase. After some times she might not doing it anymore. Although it sounds like a bit wasteful to poop in new and clean diaper, maybe you can try to put a nappy liner on top of the clean diaper and just remove the liner with poop and reuse the unstained diaper.

Read more

I had the same problem. My son would not poop in the potty. Try getting her to sit on the potty with a diaper on. This gets them used to just sitting and pooping, even if it's in a diaper. So, tell her she can have a diaper, but she will have to sit on the potty. After you get her used to that, cut a hole in the diaper. Kids are smart, so don't let her see it. Put the diaper with the hole on and have her sit. Soon she will realize the poop is in the potty. I explained this to my son by telling him he was now too big for diapers or pull ups and that the poop was falling out. It might take a little practice, but it worked for us!

Read more

wow, i don't think there is any specific reason for that, but maybe your baby has started identifying diapers with poop time? i guess you can start training her for the toilet now, especially as she is showing an inclination to do potty at a designated time, meaning when she has a diaper on.

That's really gooooooddd. How I wish my boy poops only when his Diapers are on. I have been sprayed and splattered with pee and poop plenty of times. :(

thanks