My baby is still not babbling. I am worried. When should they start blabbing mama or papa?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Baby will babble between 4-6 months. http://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-milestone-talking_6573.bc You're the best person to gauge your child's speech development. If she shows any of the signs listed below and you feel concerned, you may want to discuss the possibility of a language delay or hearing problem with your child's doctor. 6-12months: Your baby isn't making (or even attempting to make) any sounds or eye contact with you, doesn't make vowel sounds ("ah," "eh," "oh"), doesn't respond to her name or sounds around her at 6 months, doesn't babble at 9 months, or doesn't say single words (including "mama" or "dada") at 12 months.

Read more

Babies usually starts blabbering when they are around four to seven months old. That is when you will likely hear her say “mama” or “dada” as these are easy for her to say and she hears these frequently. They could also be blabbering other sounds as they are simply development the skills needed for language development and not trying to communicate with you per se. That being said, the rate of development varies for every baby. So, don't be too worried if your child is still not blabbering. You can always check with your doctor during his/her routine checkups if you are worried.

Read more

Don't worry too much about it, different children start babbling at different times. My friend's son started babbling at 9 months while her daughter started at 6 months. Songs, stories, and talking to your child everyday are ways to encourage verbal development. I, myself, didn't start babbling mama/dada until I was 1, apparently. Now my mom says I can't shut up hahaha.

Read more

thanks