My 3.5 Yrs old threw a bad tantrum, cried for 1.5hours and wouldn't drink or eat or change or talk. She even bite me, all because she couldn't wait for the bun to be heated up. I have already talk to her nicely that the food is cold and needs to be heated up if not she will get tummyache. How do I coax her if it happens the next time. Very scared she will throw tantrum when we r at some toy shops.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Carol, Is there any cue to call before she throw tantrums? If you catch the cue to call before her tantrums, then you may able to avoid the big drama. My lo will start to throw tantrums when he needs to do something he dislike..eg every morning going to school, bath time, and meal time. My son do not like to school (too attach to mummy), dislike bath and dislike food.

Read more
8y ago

How old is your son that he does not like to go to school? Reason for my asking is that my boy seems a lot like your kid. and I thought I was the only one having a kid like that. my son is 4years old.

Tantrums require an audience. Remove the child from public, and if possible isolate the child for a while, letting her know to come to you only when she's ready to communicate properly. Tantrums should not be rewarded otherwise it becomes an acceptable form of communication.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4825)

VIP Member

Where do you think she learnt this behaviour from?

No idea. Might be from childcare?