My 3-year-old child has been enjoying his preschool. However, recently he cried not to go to preschool, how do I persuade him to go?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I agree with both girls. Usually if there's a sudden change in attitude school would meant that something must have happened to her in school. My daughter was a social butterfly and loved school and one time, she suddenly cried when I asked her to put on her uniform and told me that she didn't want to go school. It was weird because I never once had a problem with her about school so I let her skipped the day and took urgent leave. I took her out and while having lunch, I casually asked her why and she said that she didn't like XXXX. It took a lot of coaxing and after a while, I realized that it was a case of bullying. I called the school up and wanted to clarify, and to cut story short, my daughter and the other girl hugged it out and made up and they're good friends until today. My advise is to slow talk your child and study his expressions when you do so. Alternatively, speak to his teachers and asked if there was any recent incidents that could have affected him.

Read more

It could be something happened in the school and cause him to behave in this way. You should check with his teachers in school if there is anything happened in school e.g. bullied by friend, misbehave and punished, fell down and etc. 3 years old I guess is still too young to tell the whole story and thus try to communicate with teachers and understand what is going on and help your kid from there. My daughter, when she was in N1, refused to go to school and I found out from teacher that the teacher scolded another student who was misbehaved in class. Thus, I explained to my daughter teacher was not scolding her and will not scold students who are behaving well. After that she is not so traumatised by the event and love going to school again.

Read more

I agree with Diana that it is likely due to something which happened in school that brought about this change. Talk to your son and let him verbalize his concerns in addition to speaking to the teachers. Comfort your son and address the issue he brought up if it is within your capabilities.