My 20 month old just starts crying when relatives try and get friendly with her, she doesnt play with other kids too,likes to do her own bit..how can i make her more social?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Like adults, there might be some babies who are naturally shy and introverted. I watched a Korean variety show with this introverted girl named Ji Un, who wouldn't interact with her peers and stayed at the back during classes. She eventually opened up after more sessions. Perhaps you could try to find a class which your baby is interested in as a start. Some babies take longer to open up, and it's perfectly fine. Don't force play dates on her, just let her interact with other children at her own pace. You'll be surprised. http://www.parents.com/kids/development/shy/raising-an-introvert/

Read more

My nephew is about 1.5 years old and is the shy-est little being I've ever met. Everytime he comes over to my place, he literally walks with his head down, hands pulling his mummy's skirt and walks so close to his mum, I thought he'll trip her over. Kids have their own characteristics too and some may take a little longer to warm up to people whom he doesn't met frequently. Bring him often to the playground or parks where he can mingle with other kids. Or join a baby gym where he might feel a little more comfortable with kids his age. Take one step at a time :)

Read more

Your child is most likely an introvert and you shouldn't be forcing social situations on them as it would make them anxious. Try introducing new people slowly. Maybe 1 person at a time would be a good start and give her some time (multiple meetings) to get comfortable with the new person before getting more people to meet her.

Read more

Hi, Your baby seems of little shy personality, which is completely fine and a type of personality. Try introducing her to relatives and friends slowly and let her take it on her pace. Gradually she will pick up and it will all be fine :)

My 4 year old hated everyone but me an her dad until she was 3. Now she loves everyone a little too much. It takes time preschool helped so much an just in the nic of time with another one on its way 🙂

Don't worry they will outgrow it :) let them come out of their shell at their pace and they will eventually shine

thanks