My 10-month old has a cough. What can I give him?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The US FDA recommends no cough syrups to kids under 2. Instead use the following: 1. A cool mist humidifier helps nasal passages shrink and allow easier breathing (do not use warm mist humidifiers as they can cause nasal passages to swell and make breathing more difficult); 2. Saline nose drops or spray keep nasal passages moist and helps avoid stuffiness; 3. Nasal suctioning with a bulb syringe either with or without saline nose drops, works especially well for infants less than a year old. Older children often resist its use; 4. Acetaminophen or ibuprofen can be used to reduce fever, aches and pains. Parents should carefully read and follow the product’s instructions for use label; 5. Drinking plenty of liquids will help the child stay well hydrated.

Read more
VIP Member

I would avoid cough medicine for babies under 2 years age. You can try running a diffuser with essential oils. I also use an air purifier for my own cough, and it works well. You can also try rubbing his chest with vicks baby balsam.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2453)

Are you still breastfeeding? This is a remedy I tried with my LO - turmeric powder mixed with breastmilk. If you are not bf - then swap for gripe water.

thanks